I have been through numerous paper and digital catalogs and this morning I had about a hundred open browser tabs of lighting companies in Japan. It’s been months of comparison and research. I have finally figured out most of the lighting fixtures that I need to purchase for the electrician to install.
I want Tod’s approval on these, so I made a PowerPoint to summarise. Here is it:
Some of the factors in my decision-making:
- Bright enough; the house is shady inside and dark outside at night.
- Warm color temperature or adjustable.
- High CRI/Ra to render colors accurately.
- Replaceable bulbs (built-in LEDs go bad far too often/soon).
- Dimmable fixtures or standard sockets so I can use smart bulbs.
- Price is a factor, especially when buying built-in LEDs.
I still need to suss out the moveable fixtures like what is going to hang on the duct rails or plug into the ceiling outlet/rosettes. But I have a little more time for that since we can put those in after we move.